21 December 2021

Lori Lightfoot — It's Not My Fault

And she has a (microscopic) point. Chicago mayor blames retailers for not doing enough to fight organized theft | Fox Business

I would say that Kim Foxx shoulders more responsibility for the collapse of the Rule of Law in and around Chicago, but Lightfoot is blaming the victims of crime.

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot blamed retailers for not making safety a priority amid a string of smash-and-grab thefts at retail stores in recent months.

The retail industry said that Groot is "misinformed" about the nature of retail.

While not providing a direct link, the hat tip goes to 19th Ward Chicago, who included the following video.

And given that even more people are now comparing Lightfoot to Beetlejuice, and in this case, the skeleton from Nightmare Before Christmas, I may have to reconsider my stance on that comparison.

Ruined Leon, the guy who produced that video, is a 22-year-old Chicago resident. (Chicago native? I haven't checked.) I will be looking at more of his content soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.