09 October 2021

Belvedere

It is hard for me to call today's song Progressive Metal. Progressive Rock, sure, but it doesn't strike me as metal. The guitar is singing, not screaming. And something about it says "Jazz Fusion" to me in a few places. That may just be the instrumental nature of the song. I'll let you judge.

There is an entire genre of instrumental Progressive Metal that I didn't realize was out there. Since being introduced to Polyphia and dropping them into some of my playlists, the other bands have started showing up in the lists generated by the various music-streaming services.

This is "Belvedere" by Intervals from their November, 2020 album The Way Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.