06 July 2021

Texas Is NOT New Jersey. Also not Australia

self-defense
Motorcyclist pulls gun in road-rage incident, gets shot dead by other driver

The motorcycle driver was lane-splitting (illegal in Texas), when an SUV changed lanes, forcing the motorcycle to evade.

Gray passed several cars and parked his motorcycle, blocking the northbound traffic — then reportedly began walking back toward the SUV while pointing a handgun at the driver.

The SUV driver told Gray to put down the gun because there were kids in his car. But the biker kept coming, so the other man drew his own handgun and opened fire, hitting Gray multiple times, according to reports.

He was given the opportunity to walk away. He wanted a confrontaion. In Texas. He got a confrontation. I'm sure it didn't go according to his plan.

The guy who got shot was pronouced dead at a local hospital.

The SUV driver called 911, and he has not been charged with a crime.

Self-defense is a human-right, and this happened in Texas. Good Guys 1, Bad Guys 0.

3 comments:

  1. He wasn't just lane splitting. He was speeding and driving aggressively. I've seen lane splitting done in California where it is legally done safely and carefully and it actually can help move traffic along when it gets congested like only California can get. I feel sorry for the guy who had to defend himself and his family. He did the right thing but this just came out of nowhere. We should all take a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story I linked above comes from Australia. (Hence the title)

    And if they got something wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a great many years I was lane splitting on my bike and sometimes dang scary and did I blame cages for that = nope. I knew every time I rode bike then = potential injury or death. That's the way a biker must think. Was this driver right of shooting this fumduck = yep. I am a biker and I would have dang sure. Come at me with a gun = I also have a very large hand cannon and sure as heck will use it.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.