02 July 2021

"My Body My Rights"

Coyote Blog wants to know what happened to that liberal principle of My Body My Rights. Actually he knows.

Variations of "my body my rights" have been a central theme for the Left for decades. I am all for this (as long as we are applying it to adults wholeheartedly but more restrictively to minors). But I have argued for years that this represents faux libertarianism -- the Left believes this absolutely when it comes to abortion (and more recently for gender transitions among minors) but not so much when it comes to any other issues. You want to eat GMO foods? Sorry, you can't do that. Smoke? Sorry, no dice. Teenage tanning salon visits? Sorry, not without more parental paperwork than is required for an abortion.

And now vaccines. Click thru. (The image above was stolen from Coyote Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.