15 May 2021

Desert Rose

Sting was either featured on WXRT's Saturday Morning Flashback, or his songs came up on one of my streaming services recently. However I tripped over his work again, I have been listening to a lot of his work.

Today's song was originally released on the 1999 album Brand New Day, but this version is from a 2019 album that reworked various songs from the past.

This is "Desert Rose" by Sting from his 2019 album My Songs. It features a duet with Algerian raï singer Cheb Mami, who shares the songwriting credit for the Arabic portions of the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.