16 December 2020

Grip It

Fusion isn't really my thing. I've listened to some of it because it is complex enough to be interesting. But when I am in the mood for jazz, Fusion is not usually what I am looking for. Volto! is a Fusion band consisting of Danny Carey (usually of Tool), John Ziegler, Lance Morrison, and Matt Rohde. John Ziegler owns The Baked Potato night club, in Studio City, Los Angeles where he hosts "Monday Night Jamz," or at least he did before COVID. I don't know what the status of that is.

When Danny Carey is not doing his drumming for Tool, he is part of Volto! So let's listen to a song.

This is "Grip It" from the 2013 album Incitare by Volto!

And I know. Is Fusion Jazz or Rock? One of Life's Mysteries. A bit of both. It still isn't what I am usually in the mood for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.