01 November 2020

Data? Justification? Do What We Tell You To Do

Politicans drunk on power - Illinois edition. New Chicago COVID-19 restrictions on bars, restaurants including indoor dining ban, in effect

So the governor of Illinois, not so affectionately called Fatso by some people, has once again closed all indoor dining in areas of suburban Chicago. What he hasn't done is provied any data or justification for that order.

The restrictions are in effect in much of the Chicago area, including suburban Cook County. Still, several suburban mayors continue to challenge the Gov. JB Pritzker's crackdown.

"If you're not showing the data and throwing things out there," Orland Park Mayor Keith Pekau said. " I can't see why you would do it if you have it. I can only assume one of two things, either the data doesn't support the decisions that are being made or they don't trust the data they're collecting."

There is a video by Mayor Keith Pekau below

Hat tip to Marathon Pundit, who notes:

The fatality rate for those under 70 who test positive for COVID-19 is less than one-percent. Follow the science.

The following video by Orland Park's Mayor (a suburb of Chicago) was making the rounds. I think I first saw it on Twitter, but several people also sent it to me via email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.