08 October 2026

Georgia Power Hacked

Someday companies will take security seriously, but today is not that day. Georgia Power cyberattack exposed 400,000 customer accounts - WSB-TV Channel 2 - Atlanta

Georgia Power says a cyberattack exposed limited customer account information belonging to hundreds of thousands of customers after an unauthorized third party gained access to its online customer portal.

"Limited."

The company said that the hack exposed customers’ names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, and last four digits of their Social Security numbers.

That isn't quite everything you need to steal someone's identity, so I guess limited can apply, but probably only if you are professional PR bullsh*ter.

They have apparently not said what they will do for customers, or at least I could not find a statement. Companies have stopped even providing a year of credit monitoring service. There is a a list of "what people should do," and not a list of what companies should do.

And this the regular media, not the tech media, so there is no information on how the "unauthorized access" was obtained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.