Didn't sent help for hours, that is. Calling 911 is a fine thing to do in an emergency, most of the time. But it won't work perfectly, and some of the people just don't care. Records reveal what went wrong in 99-year-old Milwaukee 911 delay
In this case it was a medical alert company that called 911 on behalf of an elderly woman. She was being attacked in her own home. They called 911 twice. There was a three-hour delay in getting cops to her.
Say that again. When seconds count, cops are only 3 hours away.
Hundreds of pages of records obtained by TMJ4 through an open records request detail how emergency calls were initially classified, why investigators believed warning signs were missed and how two Milwaukee 911 call takers ultimately resigned in lieu of termination.
Not arrested for depraved indifference to human suffering. Not fined. Not fired. Resigned.
If you have a strong stomach, you can view the photos of the victim at this link. You need an X account to log in, to prove age. The photos are bad.
I can find almost no information on the defendant in the beating, 23-year-old Joseph Guadalupe Macias. He is described as having family in the area. I can find his booking photo, and almost nothing else.
Click thru for details. And you've been warned about the photos. (Innocent until proved guilty in a court of law.)
Note on the Update Title: I read the "fell asleep" line (it was a 3 hour delay) in another article, but now I cannot find that article.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.