01 September 2026

The Lanterns Show Is Typical Woke Slop

From Marvin Montanaro at Geeks + Gamers, we get the update. REVIEW: Lanterns Episode 3 is a Race-Baiting Betrayal of Green Lantern Lore—Possibly the Worst Thing DC Has Ever Produced

The article contains spoilers, in case anyone is worried about watching this drek.

Lanterns Episode 3 “OutKast” replaces willpower with a nonsensical fear test, turns John Stewart’s childhood into an abusive social experiment, and rewrites Green Lantern mythology around one of the ugliest racial messages ever forced into a superhero adaptation.

Marvin M. is a reviewer/editor at That Part Place and Geeks + Gamers. I like his take on pop culture.

I don't think we have viewer numbers that anyone trusts yet. Nielsen takes several weeks. There is probably some data available, but I'm not interested enough to go looking.

More proof that Hollywood hates heros in general, superheros in particular, and want nothing more than to pull the genre down into the dirt. Well, that, and the fact that most of them can't write worth a damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.