This seems to be a thing. Sheriff: Franklin County detective fired for misuse of Flock Camera system :: WRAL
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who will guard the guards themselves.
Sheriff Kevin White of Fraklin County, North Carolina, has stopped using Flock cameras after a decade because of violations of privacy.
The Franklin County Sheriff's Office has stopped using Flock surveillance cameras after it found an investigator used the cameras to track an unnamed person.
Detective Janet Leonard was fired after using the system to “track every movement of a single, private citizen,” White said in a release sent to media outlets Friday morning.
I would think more than firing is in order, but I am more interested in the ending the use of Flock cameras.
“This is unacceptable, unconstitutional, and a complete violation of privacy by someone whose entire career should have been dedicated to protecting the public,” White said.
Franlin County, North Carolina, is about 15 miles northeast of Raleigh.
Click thru for the details. And thank you to Sheriff White.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.