A recent song out of Japan reminded me that I had not featured Wagakki Band in a very long time. A lot of their work reminds me of the music that you would find in Anime. I hear their music in playlists from various music streaming platforms, but I don't usually go looking for it. (I did go looking for the purposes of this post.)
Wagakki Band (和楽器バンド) is a Japanese Rock/Metal band that uses a lot of traditional Japanese instruments in their music. Wagakki means "traditional insturments" or something similar in Japanese, at least as far as I can tell.
This song is "Sasameyuki" (細雪) by Wagakki Band from their 2018 album Otonoe. The song title translates to "Light Snowfall." I wasn't going to put this on Monday, for Metal for Mondays, but it has too much energy for first thing on a Wednesday morning.
Forgot to include a link to the English translation... so here is it, courtesy of Lyrics Translate.
ReplyDeleteLyrics Translate is a good site to know. It isn't perfect, and they tend to not have a lot of translations for Japanese, Korean, or Chinese songs.
Automated translation systems (like Google Translate) work pretty good for news articles and prose, but they fall down with poetry - or song lyrics - because they usually don't get the idioms correct. Even with languages like German, that they handle really well, I have had issues with nonsensical translations of song lyrics.
Under the Original (Japanese) lyrics select "Romanization" for a better experience.
Delete