CNN needs to go away. CNN botches Gloria Steinem tribute days after embarrassing Dolly Parton impersonator mix-up
CNN aired a graphic that incorrectly said feminist icon Gloria Steinem died in 2006 — just days after the network was forced to apologize for mistakenly using a photo of a Dolly Parton impersonator in its coverage of the country legend’s death.
I guess they turned the research over to an intern who doesn't know who Dolly Parton or Gloria Steinem were.
So can we forgive a typo, 2006 versus 2026? What happened to copyeditors? But using the photo of an impersonator is just sloppy, careless, and stupid.
If you can't get the simple stuff right, why should anyone believe you about complex issues? (Hat tip to Stephen Green at Instapundit.)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.