02 September 2026

In A Sentimental Mood

I still find jazz one of the best genres of music for winding down. Some of it is anyway. People have mentioned that I listen to some music that comes across as angry. For example, Till Lindeman of Rammstein sounds angry. Not all Germans do, but he seems to go out of his way to sound harsh. While I like it, it is not relaxing.

Today's song is something of a jazz classic written by Duke Ellington in 1935. It has been covered by Ella Fitzgerald, John Coltrane, Art Tatum, Tony Bennett, Sonny Rollins, and more.

This song is "In A Sentimental Mood" as performed by Javon Jackson, Paul Gill, Davide Hazeltine and Tony Reedus from the 2007 album The Music of Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.