Road Rage never works out in your favor. In anyone's favor. Self-defense claim under investigation after I-24 shooting injures driver in Nashville
Hayden Foster, 36, from Alabama, told police that after he passed Perez on the interstate, Perez started following close behind and flashing his lights.
As vehicles arrived in Nashville, both stopped in the far left lane near Spring Street and Foster said Perez got out of a Honda CRV and walked toward his pickup truck with his right hand kept behind his back.
Foster shot several rounds, and drove a short distance before stopping and calling police. Perez drove himself to a hospital, and was then taken to a trauma center.
Police took a .22 caliber handgun from Foster, and found a knife on the ground near where the shooting took place.
A .22 caliber pistol wouldn't be my first choice, if they are talking about .22 LR, but they don't specify exactly what cartridge was involved. Is .223 considered .22 caliber? After all, .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire is built around .224 bullets. I'm sure Professional Journalists™ would call a .223 pistol an evil assault rifle, even if it was a pistol. As for the choice of caliber... to each his own. (5.7mm is .2244 inches)
After talking with the District Attorney's Office, police decided not to press charges for now while the investigation continues.
Self-defense is a human right, and this took place in Nashville, Tennessee, not anywhere in Massachusetts. I'm going to call this Good Guys 1, Bad Guys 0.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.