16 September 2026

911 Transcripts of Self-Defense Incident in Mobile

He had every chance to walk away. He didn't walk away. ‘My husband had to shoot’: 911 calls detail moments homeowner shot intruder

First, he tried to break into a business owner.

The [business owner] tells the operator, “He was just climbing at the top of our barbed wire getting in when I saw him.”

The business owner, who did not want to be identified, tells me his surveillance cameras captured Lee’s “odd” behavior around 9:13.

Six minutes later, a 911 call was received from a homeowner, saying that someone was breaking into their home.

At 9:19, the homeowner’s wife calls 911, saying “There’s somebody trying to break into my house.”

When the operator asks if she knows the person, she responds, “No! I don’t know the person. My husband is armed and he is trying to get the person to leave. He is knocking at our window.”

The sound of glass breaking, is followed by the sound of a gunshot.

The case is going before a grand jury, though no one was arrested. I don't know how common that is in Alabama. I do know that in some states, Texas comes to mind, that every homicide is presented to a grand jury. Alabama has long history of recognizing the right to defend yourself, and your family.

Self-defense is a human right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.