10 August 2026

Why Is She Hulk Still in my Feed?

She Hulk was a disaster of a Disney+ show produced by Marvel back in 2022. It is too bad really. Somewhere around here I have a framed, reproduction cover of the The Savage She-Hulk, from 1979. (See the image below.) It isn't the best comic ever. It was created because at the time it was commissioned, The Hulk TV show was going, and The Bionic Woman had been launched, a female version of The Six-Million Dollar Man, and it was doing quite well. Marvel wanted to get to the copyright of a female Hulk before the network did.

The 1989-1994 run by John Byrne is the version everyone loves. She Hulk was mostly a member of the Avengers and The Fantastic Four during this era, though she did have at least one solo comic. This is the era when She Hulk began breaking the 4th wall.

I also like the early 2000s run starting with Single Green Female. Well, I like the art. I only read that online by way of my local library, so I may be misremembering how it was. I don't remember much about the story. The image to the left is from that era.

I'm not sure if Single Green Female, from the early 2000s, is better or worse.

I was living on a boat in 2004, when Single Green Female was published. Comics were contraindicated by the humidity and the lack of space for collecting.

Her origin was that she was Bruce Banner's cousin. When she was critically wounded in an assassination attempt, he saved her with a blood transfusion, but she became She Hulk as a result, with a milder version of his condition. That origin is not allowed by Disney-Marvel. A man save a woman? We couldn't have that in 2022.

With all of that, the videos/posts making the rounds are about the disasterous Disney-Marvel TV show. And it was a disaster, though Disney thought it did well enough.

This is the Critical Drinker video She-Hulk - The Show That Literally Killed Careers

Then this X post, came up on Friday Night Tights. (That is an excerpt from the full FNT episode, just dealing with Marvel.) The bit dealing with the She Hulk show, starts at 9 minutes and 50 seconds into that excerpt. I don't have it queued up, because I like the whole thing.

The excerpt is 27 minutes long.

The full FNT is at this link. It is 4 hours long. I haven't seen all of it.

This is the Film Threat News video WRITER JESSICA GAO DESTROYED SHE-HULK WITH WOKENESS. It is 15 minutes.

‡ I have strange tastes in comics, just like I have strange taste in music. In addition to liking some She Hulk that others don't, I also like The New 52 introduction of Batwoman, which most people hate. I thought the art was good, and the first story was OK, but it was Woke, and the 2nd and 3rd story arcs were not so good. (Batwoman in The New 52 was a lesbian kicked out of the military under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," who went on to train with mercenaries. She was NOT Bruce Wayne's cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.