25 August 2026

Tuesday Links - 25 August

Juliette Ochieng starts us off with A Solution Dangled in Front of Me: Then snatched away

Two weeks ago, I thought my Give Send Go car campaign was going to be over.

William Teach at Pirate's Cove - Federal Judge Knocks Down Colorado Law On Inspecting Federal Immigration Centers

The judge had to explain federalism to the Democrats

Light Over Heat with Professor David Yamane - What I’m Making My Students Read?

By popular demand, I have a bonus post about Sociology of Guns Version 11: the reading list.

Miguel Gonzalez - Boston is back in the hands of the British.

At least in Stupid Spirit.

The Other McCain - What ‘Our Democracy’ Really Means

For many years I have said that, if it weren’t for double standards, Democrats would have no standards at all. The only “principle” they have is a lust for power.

Wombat-socho - FMJRA 2.0: A Better Start Than Last Year

Meanwhile, we’re 5-7, a game behind Boston and Milwaukee and just 1.5 games behind Minnesota. It’s April in 1975, and we think we have a good shot at the playoffs this year.

Irons in the Fire - Preferred Religion and PC Idiocy in Californicated

Guarantee that if someone had suggested these students be taken to a Catholic Mass, or a Jewish Temple for the Sabbath, the same people who pushed this would've sprouted bleeding hemorrhoids in outrage; but have them attend a mosque and take part in their ceremony?

Again from Miguel Gonzalez - Ahhh! The aroma of Clickbait by deception.

If you go to the actual guidelines for the class, you will read that there is no firearm or ammunition handling in the classroom. And the basic rules of safety taught to young kids are not Cooper’s Rules but NRA Eddie Eagle’s of Stop-Don’t Touch-Leave the Area-Tell an Adult.

But why be factual when enraging idiots with a fake image is likely to generate clicks and thus income?

Meep at STUMP - CTU Lawsuit Follow-up: Reactions

Why can’t I find anybody who supports the CTU’s side?

Crime Prevention Research Center - Just 15 House Democrats were willing to sign a letter saying that “We want safety, not lawlessness”

In an open letter, 15 Democrat congressmen declared: “We are capitalist, not socialist,” “We want safety, not lawlessness,” “We are responsible, not reckless,” “We believe government should solve problems, not create them,” “We are mainstream, not extreme,” and “We are proud, not ashamed of America.” Taken together, however, the vast majority of Democrats rejected these statements as too controversial.

Again from The Other McCain - A Distraction From the Distraction

Anyway, I’ve told my kids what I want for Christmas is an official Mac Jones jersey, which costs more than the team owner was willing to spend on a hooker. But I ain’t going near no Ohio trailer parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.