The Silicon Graybeard has some info on a space telescope being launched on Sunday. Some background on the Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope
I've mentioned a couple of times that NASA's next big telescope, the Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope is launching Sunday morning on a Falcon Heavy at 7:26AM EDT, but I suppose I was quietly assuming that everyone has an idea about what that telescope is.
I knew NASA was developing a new space telescope, but I didn't know the name of it, or that it was launching tomorrow.
Here's where it gets wild. The September launch for the NGRST is eight months ahead of schedule, and under budget. When's the last time you heard something like that? I'm not sure I ever have.
Government contracting under budget? Surely that is a sign of End Times, or something.
Anyway, click thru for the details on the telescope, the mission, etc. 7:26 AM on Sunday is a bit early for me, I will probably watch it in replay. SpaceX usually has the videos live on X, and leaves them up for later viewing. I haven't checked to see if they are on YouTube, but any launches carried by the new networks usually end up there.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.