While I covered this incident a few days back, it is worth revisiting. 1 dead, 1 hospitalized after men exchange gunfire at Fort Worth home, police say
You can click thru for details.
I have said many times that if you need a court order of protection, often called a restraining order, then you also need a plan for your personal safety. Here is a quote from the video below:
Somewhere in a courthouse in Tarant County, there's a file. And in that file, there's an order. And on that order, there is a judge's signature. And that signature did exactly as much work as the toner it was printed with. Because an order is a request in a serious font.
There is at least one, and maybe two, rulings from SCOTUS that states clearly the police have no duty to protect you. No, not eve if you have an order of protection.
This is Colion Noir's video Protective Orders Are Not A Self-Defense Plan
A judge just signed a piece of paper telling a man to stay away from another man's property. And the man read the paper and then showed up anyway.
The video is 7 minutes.
Here is a link to my previous post

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.