People need to control their dogs. Broward homeowner fatally shoots dog after it escaped yard, attacked pet, police say - CBS Miami
According to Lighthouse Point police, two dogs got loose after escaping a fenced-in yard and began to roam through the neighborhood.
While in the area, police said they encountered a much smaller dog on the front porch of a home
One of the two dogs grabbed the small dog.
A family friend identified as Joe described the attack as "vicious," stating that the dog "grabbed onto the puppy... and shook it." He said the owner was forced to shoot the dog after other efforts to stop the attack failed.
The other dog fled, and then attacked a person nearby, biting that person on the leg.
Lighthouse Point, Florida, is about 10 miles north of Fort Lauderdale.
The owner of the large dogs eventually secured the other dog. As I type this, the incident is under investigation.
While I am not a lawyer, it is my understanding that you can defend your animals against other animals.
The small dog was taken to the vet.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.