05 August 2026

Do You Trust the Statistics Around COVID-19?

It is hard to believe numbers when it is clear everything else the government told us about the pandemic was a lie. Almost everything else. Lies, Damned Lies, and COVID-19 : The Other McCain

I have been ignoring (almost) everything about COVID at this point. I don't expect Fauci, or anyone else really, to be held accountable for the insanity. Apparently the recent kerfuffle is about a statement from David Frum. The Other McCain dug a little deeper into what his statistics were.

THE PEW RESEARCH CENTER? You’re making arguments about medical policy based on work by a polling company?

Public opinion is a funny thing. Even "expert opinion" can be an issue. If 2/3rds of the population of the Earth believe that the world is flat, does that make them right? Look up what "expert opinion" was during Galileo's day, and what they did to him for daring to challenge that opinion.

As for the details, click thru for those. I will leave you with only the following.

Some people are herd animals by nature, and these were the people most eager to comply with the crazy lockdown rules of “15 Days to Slow the Spread,” without ever questioning the logic of those rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.