This looks interesting. Gun Runner – Graphic Novel- Kickstarter Live Now
The Dragon Award winning novel Gun Runner, by me and John D. Brown, is being adopted into a graphic novel by Hound Dog Media. The writer is the legendary Mike Baron (The Punisher, Nexus) and the art is by Marcelo Salazar.
Click thru for some cover art. There is a short video at the Kickstarter link (click thru).
While I'm probably not the target audience for this book, I might look up the original. It is fascinating to me to see an independent comic industry grow up around Kickstarter, and Rippasend. Just when I thought the American comic book was dead...
It turns out taking the entire Marvel and DC comic universes, and turning them woke, turning everyone gay, race swapping and/or gender swapping major characters hasn't worked. Diamond, the comic distributor, had a de facto monopoly, and they still went bankrupt. Marvel comics should have been able to print money during the height of the MCU, but the comics division had already gone woke. While Iron Man was in the theaters, in the movie Captain America: Civil War, Ironheart was in comic book shops.
Ironheart was in the comic shops. Is anyone shocked it didn't sell?And after going Woke drove the Marvel comics division into the ground, they did exactly the same thing with the MCU. Why? Because Hollywood (today's Hollywood) hates money.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.