The Hill, of all places, has the info. Lunar eclipse August 2026: What time, how to see it
Unlike the spectacular solar eclipse that was just recently visible in Europe, this one will be safe to view with the naked eye — no special glasses needed.
A lunar eclipse happens when the moon orbits through Earth’s shadow. This month, the eclipse coincides with a full moon, giving us the best view of the shadow moving across the moon.
It has been a number of years since I've seen a full lunar eclipse. Might be interesting if the weather is good.
Click thru for a map of where you can see it. Some level of eclipse will be visible for all of the lower 48 states. Even part of Alaska will get a bit of the partial eclipse. The eastern portion of the US should see the full eclipse.
Blood moons are tied into all kinds of superstitions. I wonder what will kick off on that Thursday. (Hat tip to my sister, who is almost as perpetually online as I am.)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.