26 July 2026

Woke Games versus Profitable Games

Seplay is a YouTube channel that focuses on video games. While I might not follow that channel, this video on what Woke has done to an industry is interesting, especially since he does a credible job of tracking down the numbers.

This is the Seplay video Do Woke Games Actually Sell? The Numbers Don’t Lie

Over the past few years, we've been asking the same question to the gaming industry. Why do game studios insist, I mean really insist on political correctness and TEI on video games?

If you ask me, I think political correctness, aka wokeness, is killing the gaming industry. Sales are failing. There are giant layoffs. Studios are closing down. There are too many examples. Concord, Dragon Age, The Vanguard, Star Wars Outcast, ...

He does admit that some woke games, such as The Last of Us: Part 2, sold well. That was in part to the excitement generated in Part 1. Though if I'm reading the market correctly, they killed all chance of continuing the franchise.

The video is about 12 and a half minutes.

I found this by way of Side Scrollers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.