She found a 20-year-old hiding in her 13-year-old daughter's room. Woman charged with shooting man found under daughter's bed
This is a story out of Memphis.
The man, who has been identified as Rodderius Morton, was pronounced dead after suffering from a gunshot wound to the back of his head, police reported.
A woman, later identified as Kendra Scott, stated to police that she “saw a dude under my kids’ bed, and I did what I had to do.”
If that was the whole story, it might be different, but after she ordered him to leave, she shot him on the front porch/ front lawn of the home. She shot him at close range, in the back of the head. He did not survive.
Hard to claim he was an imminent threat to anyone under those conditions.
Once Scott and Morton made it to the front porch, the juvenile said she heard one gunshot.
Scott does not have a bond set and is scheduled to appear in court Monday.
Self-defense doesn't mean you can shoot anyone whenever you think it is a good idea. You cannot shoot even people who you believe are doing bad things to family members. You may think she was justified. You may think that a 20-year-old in a 13-year-old's bedroom is a problem, but I am not quite ready to give up on the idea of law and order.
I imagine that a lot of people will say she did it to save her daughter. How saved is her daughter, right now? (Hat tip to Concealed Nation.)
This is Colion Noir's take on the incident. Man Hiding Under Child’s Bed Shot In Back Of Head

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.
Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.