17 August 2024

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Justin Johnson is a guitar player who I found via YouTube. I believe it was during the lockdowns, but I'm not 100% sure of that. I really do like the music he produces. He is usually playing Delta Blues, and usually playing a resonator guitar, or at least that is most of what I have heard. Today we have a more conventional acoustic number.

He is using a Maton Mini Diesel Special Acoustic Travel Guitar. That info is from the description of the video. Smaller acoustic guitars have a distinct sound, and it is noticeable because most guitar players use something larger, often much larger.

This video from Justin Johnson is Acoustic Guitar to Chill to... "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." It was originally a song Bob Dylan wrote for a 1973 movie soundtrack, but you are probably more familiar with either the 1975 version by Arthur Louis that featured Eric Clapton on guitar, or the 1987 version recorded by Guns N' Roses. The version we have today was released to YouTube on 10 November. (Yes, it has been stuck in the drafts folder for a while.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.