23 November 2023

What? A Submachine Gun Used in a Crime in the Gun Free UK?

How can this be? Tears of Ashley Dale's mother as her daughter's killers are jailed for 173 years - after one of the cowardly murderers stormed out of dock as she made heartbreaking statement | Daily Mail Online

I'm sure this is a tragedy to the family. My extended family lost young people to everything from medical problems to car crashes, and the death of any young person is tragedy. But I am rivited by the following fact.

Ms Dale was killed when gunman James Witham, 41, forced his way into the house in Old Swan, Liverpool, in the early hours of August 21 last year before opening fire with a Skorpion submachine gun.

The Škorpion vz. 61 is submachine gun developed in 1959 in the old Czechoslovakia, that uses .32 ACP ammunition. Later variants included versions for .380 ACP, 9×18mm Makarov, and 9×19mm Parabellum.

At least there was some justice delivered in this case, in that 4 people were sentenced to things like a minimum of 43 years in prison.

The killers of Ashley Dale will be pensioners by the time they are eligible for release and Witham is likely to die in jail.

I know that Glocks are being turned into fully automatic weapons, so I guess this is a problem over here. It just struck me as odd that fully automatic weapons are a problem in gun-free Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.