10 November 2023

Friday Links - 10 November

Tam at View from the Porch is up first with Ain't nobody's business if I do.

Fortunately, most friends of mine know better than to do this, since most of them are About That Life themselves, or I've at least made them aware that my blaster didn't come with a cape and a Batman Badge. If the bad guy grabbed the dough and is making his exit, he ain't my problem.

Pixy Misa at Ambient Irony - Daily News Stuff 7 November 2023: Cognitive Assonance Edition

Speaking of flaming piles of junk, Washington DC is handing out free Apple AirTags to help track down stolen cars. (PC Magazine)

Which is the least stupid thing I've heard out of Washington in years.

The Other McCain - Despite Big Night for Virginia Democrats, “HotWifeExperience’ Loses Election

Susanna Gibson claimed to be the victim of “an illegal invasion of my privacy designed to humiliate me and my family” when it was discovered that the Democratic candidate for a Virginia House of Delegates seat had raised money by performing sex acts on livestream internet videos under the handle “HotWifeExperience.”

SiGraybeard - Has the European Space Agency Seen the Reality of Space 2.0?

One of the things I read about the ESA's reaction to reusability that got etched into my brain was that they laughed at it and openly said their reason to be there was make-work programs.

Pixy Misa at Ambient Irony again - Daily News Stuff 8 November 2023: Meant To Do That Edition

If you have a Chamberlain MyQ smart garage door opener - which can do useful things like automatically close the garage door when you lock your front door at night - now you don't. (The Verge)

That is, you still have the device, but it is now a Chamberlain MyQ stupid garage door opener. All "unauthorised" API access has been cut off, which means while it can talk to other home automation devices, it won't.

On the other hand, the Chamberlain mobile app now has ads. So there's that.

Bear Bussjager - Gotta Love The Gateway Pundit

I figure the Hofts live for the chance to do headlines like that.

Impro Guns - Medicine cabinet. (Click thru for the photo)

Essential tools of the trade carried by the non-certified street physician in Brazil.

Again from The Other McCain - NBC ‘News’ Hosts ‘Republican’ ‘Debate’

All the Trump people hate Ramaswamy and all the DeSantis people hate Ramaswamy, too. I’d say the same for the others, but is there such a phenomenon as “Chris Christie” people? Who are they? Can you name even one? Is anyone stupid enough to think Republicans are going to nominate that bloated RINO? And what about Nikki Haley?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.