07 October 2023

A Belated Happy Birthday to The Other McCain

Is 64 an important year? Will You Still Feed Me?

After quoting the famous Beatles' song, "When I'm Sixty Four," he takes us on a tour of Golden Coral. Not the location that I would choose for a birthday dinner, but it will be a couple of years yet before I have to worry about applying for Medicare.

We got there a little before 2:30 p.m., and I remarked to the wife as we approached the cashier that we were eligible for the Senior Discount. My wife mentioned this to the lady at the register, who replied: “I already gave it to you.” Not necessarily flattering to be recognized as a geezer, but it is what it is.

He also noted the flock of geezers who showed up in time for early bird special. Which really is a thing most places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.