23 September 2023

Will the Last Person to Leave CNN Please Turn Out the Lights

I can't believe that they are making money with this audience, though I haven't found any details. CNN records lowest weekend ratings in demo in recorded history

I looked at some of the Warner Bros. Discovery Inc. financials online, but what I have access to doesn't break out CNN. Warner Bros. as a whole is losing money, but that is hardly surprising given the string of box office failures and the rest of the news.

The network’s Sunday primetime lineup, which featured “The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper” and “Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy,” drew 43,000 in the demo.

The ratings are the network’s worst since 1991 — the earliest TV data is readily available.

Data prior to 1991 is largely not digitized.

They have a new CEO coming in, Mark Thompson. He was formerly the CEO of the New York Times Company. I doubt he will be able to fix CNN in the time he will be given. How long will it be, before anyone outside of the rabid anti-Trump camp trusts anything the CNN has to say? (Hat tip to The Other McCain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.