17 September 2023

The Implosion of Hollywood, and the Fight for the Culture

Conservatives made a huge mistake when they abandoned pop culture to the Left. "It's only movies and TV," or "It's only comic books." And today they wonder why the culture is in such dire straights. Pop Culture creates culture, and politics are downstream of culture.

The other big mistake was abandoning K-12 education to the Left. But that is a story for another day.

You may have forgotten that The Writers' Guild of America, and The Film Actors Guild SAG-AFTRA (the actors' union) are on strike. I only know because it is fodder for so many on YouTube to make fun of. I haven't noticed they're on strike, because I despise everything that they've done in the past 6 years. The WGA has destroyed every franchise I loved as a child, or even as an adult. From Star Wars to Star Trek to Lord of the Rings, and a lot in between (She Hulk) has been destroyed by the writers in Hollywood, with a lot of help from the directors and the studios. I have old movies and TV shows to fall back on, and some foreign films, and I have books to read. They can stay on strike for all I care.

I couldn't care less. (See the image if you're confused.)

Most human beings on planet Earth could care less about the WGA or The Film Actors Guild strikes, and that should shake the entire entertainment industry to its core.

Are you distressed at what is going on in Western Culture, and in Western Politics?

You're not crazy, and you're not alone.

This is Nerdrotic's video It's The END of Woke Hollywood As We Know It, And I Feel Fine.

In case you are unfamiliar with the references to The Film Actors Guild, it is a reference to Team America: World Police.

The title to Gary's video is a reference to R.E.M's song "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.