29 August 2023

The Continuing Decline of Our Country

This started with a post by Lone Star Parson last week. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't. Then I tried to rationalize it, but that failed as well. And I've written about signs that society is breaking down for a long time. And so here we are. I could make this post longer. KOMO produced at least two other documentaries on the decline of Seattle, for example. It is long enough as it is, since the documentary from KOMO linked below is 30 minutes, and then the shorter video on Portland.

First we have a photo gallery from Lone Star Parson: Urban Hellholes

Everyone here knows it but many choose to ignore it; Europeans can scarcely comprehend much less believe it, but our major cities are urban wasteland hellholes. Seriously, I'd email pals in the UK from Detroit in '98 and I don't think they believed me.

No, fools. The urban, asset-stripped carnage of the Motor City seemed like hyperbole, mind blogging perhaps to them, wild exaggeration. But no, I was pulling punches.

Click thru for photos of Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Washington D.C.

This is not a problem limited to the east coast. So let's look at the west coast.

It is worth referencing this documentary KOMO News documentary: A Tale of 3 Cities. It is a documentary that reviews Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. It talks about the reemergence of diseases in LA that were a problem in the dark ages. But maybe that is where we are, at the start of the next dark age. I have mentioned this program at least one other time, it is 3 years old, after all.

A more recent view comes from Portland. (4 months ago) Portland's Meltdown: A Progressive Experiment That 'Has Gone Colossally Bad.' I'm sure that some will object to the fact at it is from CBN, but is 6 minutes, or so of images of Portland and statements from people who live and work there.

1 comment:

  1. And when a combination of inflation and food shortages drives the hordes out of the cities, You'd best be prepared to do what is necessary to survive.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.