15 July 2023

Do You Remember How the Left Said Trump Would Start WWIII?

Of course that didn't happen. But now there's this. Biden signs order to call up 3,000 troops for Operation Atlantic Resolve in Europe | Washington Examiner

President Joe Biden signed an order on Thursday allowing the Pentagon to call up as many as 3,000 reserve troops to support Operation Atlantic Resolve in Europe.

OAR began in 2014 (who was President then?) in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine and the annexation of the Crimean peninsula.

"The designation of OAR as a contingency operation is an important demonstration of the U.S. commitment to our NATO Allies and partners," U.S. European Command Spokesperson U.S. Navy Capt. Bill Speaks said in a statement.

I'm so glad that WWIII is not being kicked off.

Hat tip to The Other McCain.

Despite the more-or-less desperate emergency in recruiting, however, the Secretary of Army has got everybody worrying about demographic quotas while she frets about the danger of a “military caste” if too many recruits come from families with military backgrounds. But because this person is my son’s boss, I should probably refrain from expressing my thoughts about [Army] Secretary Wormuth. However, I suspect the commenters will have plenty to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.