08 July 2023

Do It Again

I usually say that the bulk of the popular music from my youth was trash. Top 40 AM radio stations ruled the day, and music was mixed to "sound good" on a mono car radio. To say that most of that music is uninteresting is being kind. All of it sounded the same. Well, most of it anyway.

Some of it managed to be actually good. I was listening to WXRT's Saturday Morning Flashback recently when they were revisiting 1972. Bands included in the playlist were Pink Floyd (though a song by them I didn't care for), Yes, Elton John, Jethro Tull, and Steely Dan.

This song is "Do It Again" by Steely Dan from their 1972 debut album Can't Buy a Thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.