01 July 2023

Brotin

Eivør (Eivør Pálsdóttir) is a Faroese singer. (That is the language spoken on the Faroe Islands.) The more I listen to her music, the more I like it.

Here is a link to the lyrics translation, since she is not singing in English.

This song is "Brotin" by Eivør from her 2015 album Slør. The song title means "Broken" in English. Slør translates to Veil in English. I should note that there is an official music video version of this song. I don't find it as annoying as most, but I still don't think it adds anything to the music. You can find it easily if you are interested.

The Faroe Islands are a grouping of islands, that are legally a portion of Denmark. They are about halfway between Norway and Iceland, or about 320 kilometers NNW of The United Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.