29 June 2023

What If You Called 911 and No One Came?

That is becoming more of a thing. HPD never showed up after bullet pierces into 6-year-old's bedroom, mom tells only ABC13

They said the next available officer would respond. No one ever responded.

I'm sure if your house was suddenly being riddled with bullets you would want someone to investigate.

"Five or six of (gunshots)," [Kayla] George said. "I ran into the living room and told him to get down and lay flat. He didn't understand what was going on. Then I heard the glass shatter, and that's typically not what I hear."

George checked the windows, but it wasn't until she discovered a bullet hole in her son's bedroom window the next day.

"You can't even be home safely anymore," George said.

I have bad news for Ms. George; she was never safe at home. She may have felt safe, or believed she was safe, but that didn't mean she was safe. Things may be worse today than in the past, in fact, they almost certainly are, but the risk was never zero.

Calling 911 is a fine thing to do, if you get the chance to do so in an emergency. Cops won't be there in an instant, and in some cases you may wait a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. I've been there. Illegal hunters were raucously enjoying their drunken night hunting within a few hundred feet of my home. Their hoops, and hollers, accented the night along with the gunfire. After about an hour, and they decided to leave, I called back to tell them "never mind".

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.