24 June 2023

Blood In The Water

There are few kinds of music I love more than top-rate guitar playing, and Ayron Jones is a first class guitarist. He is another artist I found by way of Spotify and one of their playlists. If you like Rock Guitar, I don't think you will be disappointed.

His playing style has been compared to everyone from Gary Clark Jr. to Stevie Ray Vaughn to Jimi Hendrix. In today's song, his playing reminds me more of someone else, though I can't think of who that would be as I type this. People also compare his singing to Michael Jackson, and while I can here that similarity, he has his own style.

Jones cites several people as influences including some of the usual suspects like B.B. King, as well as Mike McCready of Pearl jam and Kim Thayil of Soundgarden.

This is "Blood In The Water" by Ayron Jones from his June 2023 album Chronicles Of The Kid. It was a single released ahead of the album. (The lead single?) I like it. My only complaint is that it is not long enough. The guitar solo that starts at 2 minutes and 15 seconds in could have been two or three times as long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.