25 May 2023

The People in Charge of Blogger/Blogspot are Morons

They have made changes around how they are managing images, So I can upload nothing right now. And of course Alphabet has no support mechanism, and their help is on the level of "Have you made sure that your PC is plugged in?"

I have stuff scheduled, but my tolerance for changes that serve no purpose, programmers who are incapable of documenting anything, or bothering to talk to anyone actually using their system, and the general insanity that is application development was used up a few decades back. (Being out of corporate America hasn't helped my tolerance for insanity recover.)

All that amounts to: I may or may not be posting anything.

4 comments:

  1. Noticed same tonight and others having the same. Blooger is fiddling around with gadgets that worked perfectly fine. IDK why or what they're trying to "fix." Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care if they change things. There are reasons to do that (software goes out of support, requirements change, whatever)

      I do care when they drop things into a production environment without proper testing, with no communication with the people actually using the system, and NO documentation.

      The error messages are completely useless. The support process (as many people have noted) is non-existent. I'm beginning to think it may be time to actually pay a monthly fee to use a more reasonable system. If I could only find a more reasonable alternative.

      Delete
  2. to post on blogger I go to vivaldi and it all works. HUH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they apparently backed out the changes and went back to the status quo ante. I expect that they will wait a week and try again, still with no documentation, no support, no testing, no communication, and damn little intelligence.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.