01 May 2023

The Last in Line

I wasn't listening to Heavy Metal in the mid 1980s. Post Punk was everywhere, and then I slid into the early days of my clubbing phase, where various flavors of Electronica and House Music were the thing. But there was some decent music produced in that era.

The band Dio was formed by Ronnie James Dio, formerly of Black Sabbath. The band name was chosen mostly because the Metal crowd knew that name, so it was a leg-up from a commercial success standpoint. There have been numerous personnel changes over the years. For the album in question, the musicians were Vivian Patrick Campbell playing guitar (the British have odd ideas about names), Jimmy Bain on bass, Vinny Appice playing drums and percussion, and Claude Schnell playing keyboards, with Ronnie James Dio providing vocals. RJ Dio is listed on the album credits as playing keyboards, but I don't know if that applies to this song or not.

This is "The Last in Line" by Dio from the 1984 album The Last in Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.