11 May 2023

NY Times - Fraud Is Less of a Problem when a Woman Does It.

Or something. From The Other McCain: NY Times Publishes Human-Interest Feature About Infamous Fraudster

I wish I could write like this.
You remember Elizabeth Holmes, right? A Stanford University dropout, she raised $700 million in startup capital for a medical testing company, Theranos, and by 2014, when the company’s value had soared to $9 billion, Forbes magazine “recognized Holmes as the world’s youngest self-made female billionaire.” It was all a scam.

But since "more women in STEM" is a thing, the NY Slimes is apparently trying to revitalize her image. Why? I don't have a clue. And I know how few women are in STEM. I had one female mathematics professor in college, for a cryptography class, and after the midterm exam I was the only one still in the class. (Math IS hard, so is life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.