31 May 2023

Í Tokuni

Eivør (Eivør Pálsdóttir) is a Faroese singer. (That is the language spoken on the Faroe Islands.) I have been exploring some of her music. It appeals to me on some level.

Since today's song is not in English, here is a link to the lyrics and their translation.

This song is "Í Tokuni" by Eivør from her 2015 album Slør. The song title translates as "In the Mist" in English. Slør translates to Veil in English.

The Faroe Islands are a grouping of islands, that are legally a portion of Denmark. They are about halfway between Norway and Iceland, or about 320 kilometers NNW of The United Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.