26 April 2023

Name Der Rose

Qntal is a group I really like. They call themselves Electro Medieval. They often take classic poetry, or literature, and set it to music. The members of the band have roots in historical instruments or "early music," but they achieved a higher level of success when they added a modern take with a bit of electronica. They have performed at various Goth and Industrial music festivals, which is why I know about them. (I've never seen them perform live.)

Here is a link to the lyrics and their translation, since they are mostly in Latin.

This is "Name Der Rose" by Qntal from the 2003 album Qntal III - Tristan und Isolde.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.