25 February 2023

Invincible

Floor Jansen is one of my favorite singers. She is usually singing Heavy Metal with the band Nightwish. There are some other projects in the past as well, all Metal. She is producing a solo album, due out in a month or so. I don't think this signifies anything about Nightwish, though who can say. Marko Hietala's retirement certainly took the industry by surprise.

I said usually singing Heavy Metal, because I don't hear that in this song. I just hear her amazing voice.

Here is a bit of what she has to say about the song, from the video description. (Link is below)

I am thrilled to share my new single, "Invincible," with all of you. Originally written specifically for the Invictus Games, this song holds a very special place in my heart. As someone who has witnessed the effects of PTSD in my close circle, I wanted to create a powerful anthem that brings hope and strength to those who are struggling with this condition. [SNIP]

I hope that 'Invincible' will remind you that even in the darkest of times, there is always the possibility of coming out stronger. You are not alone, and no matter how difficult the journey may be, there is always hope for healing and self-discovery.

The lyrics can be found at this link, or they are in the video if you turn on closed captions.

This song is "Invincible" by Floor Jansen. It was released as single in the middle of January in support of her upcoming album Paragon. That is scheduled to be released on March 24th.

2 comments:

  1. She's so versatile, outside of Nightwish, her covers on the Dutch music show Beste Zangers are amazing. If you haven't heard it, in her earlier band, ReVamp, she not only does the operatic vocals but does the metal snarling and growling. No surprise, she is great at that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard some of the appearances she's done on Dutch TV. I'm not sure they were from Beste Zangers. I will have to look for that. Thanks

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.