16 February 2023

CDC "Exaggerated" the Benefits of Wearing Masks

I'm shocked - Shocked I tell you! - that the .gov would lie to us. New research shows CDC exaggerated the evidence for masks to fight COVID - Chicago Sun-Times

OK, so I'm not shocked, because it was NEVER about public health; it was always about control.

After questioning the value of general mask-wearing early in the COVID-19 pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention decided the practice was so demonstrably effective that it should be legally mandated even for 2-year-olds. A new review of the evidence suggests the CDC had it right the first time.

That review, published by the Cochrane Library, an authoritative collection of scientific databases, analyzed 18 randomized controlled trials that aimed to measure the impact of surgical masks or N95 respirators on the transmission of respiratory viruses. It found that wearing a mask in public places “probably makes little or no difference” in the number of infections.

Social distancing probably had as little impact, but that is just a guess on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.