11 February 2023

Blue Sky Mine

Reminded of a better era in music by social media, I thought we should listen to this song from 9 February 1990. 33 years ago. (Do you feel old?) I didn't initially care for this song, but it is so much better than what passes today for "popular music."

On this day in 1990, [9 February] Midnight Oil released the album Blue Sky Mining. The lead single, "Blue Sky Mine," is inspired by the Wittenoom industrial disaster in the band's native Australia and topped the US rock charts.

This is "Blue Sky Mine" by Midnight Oil from the 1990 album Blue Sky Mining. What we have today is the 2011 Remaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.