01 January 2023

Violent Crime Rate on Chicago Transit Double Pre-COVID rate

The Chicago Tribune is engaged in spin. My guess would be at the behest of City Hall. CTA violence rate has dropped, but remains near 10-year high

Crime is high on CTA trains, but things are not as bad as last year!

The rate of violent crime on CTA trains began to drop this year for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic emptied public transit of many riders, but it remains near the highest levels seen in the past decade — and more than twice as high as the years before the COVID-19 pandemic.

Arrest rates for that violent crime are low and going down. The arrest rate for violent crime is 14.5%, down from 19%. The arrest rate for non-violent crime is 2.1%

So no. I don't think I would be riding trains in Chicago, even if I was going into the city. And I wouldn't go into the city today.

There are currently two media outlets in Chicago that will stand up to City Hall. The Chicago Tribune is NOT one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.