24 January 2023

They Even Got the Definition of Victim Correct

Maybe word will get out that being a bad guy is becoming dangerous. Though since the courts are not doing anything, I doubt it. Man Accused of Robbing Concealed Carry Holder Who Then Shot Him Onboard CTA Train: Police

Concealed Carry in Chicago; it's a thing.

A 33-year-old Chicago man has been charged with two felonies after he tried to rob a concealed carry holder who then opened fire, shooting him onboard a CTA train, authorities said.

So he was shot and then he was arrested. My guess is that next the non-prosecuting attorneys for Chicago and Cook County will let him go.

As for the definition of victim, NBC Chicago seems to have gotten it right.

The victim, the man who fired shots, wasn't hurt during the incident.

I used to see about 100 stories a year, where the press called the criminals, who were shot when the law-abiding citizens defended themselves, the victims. When I would point out that criminals are not victims, sometimes they would argue with me, and sometimes they would say, "I never thought of that." Usually they would just ignore me.

The would-be bad-guy was shot in the leg. That doesn't make him a victim.

Self-defense is a human-right. It remains to be seen whether or not it is your legal right in Chicago.

1 comment:

  1. The article reported the off duty officer fired EIGHTEEN rounds and managed to strike him ONE TIME! That SUCKS even by Chicago's standards!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.