11 January 2023

Take Five

I'm surprised that I haven't featured this song before. It is one of my favorite jazz songs, and probably the most famous song from the Dave Brubeck Quartet, or one of the 3 or 4 most famous songs from that group.

It was written by Paul Desmond, the saxophone player.

The quartet consisted of Dave Brubeck on the piano, Paul Desmond playing alto saxophone, Gene Wright on the upright bass, and Joe Morello playing drums.

This is "Take Five" by The Dave Brubeck Quartet. This version was performed live in Belgium in 1964.

The reason that I find it so surprising I haven't featured this song is that I DID feature "Take Ten" by Paul Desmond (he also had his own band) three years back, in January of 2020, and I've had other songs by the Brubeck Quartet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.