28 December 2022

Park a Sparky Car in My Garage? Not Likely

This doesn't happen all the time, but it isn't all that rare, either. Tesla catches fire inside garage overnight in Webster Groves

Webster Groves is about 2 miles from the St. Louis city line in Missouri.

The call came out around 3 a.m. from a home in the 400 block of Pasadena Avenue. While crews were arriving on scene, it was determined that a Tesla in the attached garage was on fire. There was a second car in the garage but it was later determined that it was not an electric vehicle. Firefighters were able to remove the Tesla from the garage and extinguished the fire.

They don't say whether or not the battery was charging, but I would guess it was. Also, at 3AM on the 26th, the temperature in St. Louis was a balmy 24 degrees Fahrenheit.

But I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Just a source of toxic smoke inside your home. And a fire. The house was damaged, but not destroyed.

So it will be some little time before I park one these sources of toxic fumes, and spontaneous combustion in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.